This 12-month workshop is an advanced study program tailored to each member’s goals, needs, skill level, and progress. Only members who have satisfactorily completed the 6-month Pre-Visualization Workshop and have the required established foundation and skill level may enroll. (Skill level is defined as the member’s unique way of seeing.) Meetings are structured similar to the 6-month workshop with a relaxed, comfortable pace focused on individual study and progress.
The goal of this workshop is to challenge members to continue to develop their true personal style and achieve a higher standard for themselves in seeing and creating images. Each member will be encouraged to develop self-assigned projects on which to work for a period of time.
Other Membership Benefits
- Participate in one monthly group meeting with a recurring meeting (e.g., first Saturday at 1:30 PM), which includes the following:
- Image review of your photos (max 200) by RD (and senior workshop members).
- Observe and learn from other members during their image reviews.
- Offer critiques on fellow workshop members’ prints.
- May include an instructor-led session on a topic of interest, such as developing techniques in LR, lighting, etc. (led by Dick or senior workshop members).
- Access to the printers in the Workshop office at a charge (price sheet available in the office).
- Receive artistic support and technical direction from Dick and senior members in developing project ideas and executing on your chosen photography projects.
- Free access to “open office time” to drop in for discussions with Dick and members.
- Free access to monthly community walkabouts.
- Participate in opportunities to establish yourself as an award-winning photographer:
- Showcase your work in local exhibits (e.g., Peking Duck Restaurant, Jewish Community Center (JCC), Los Altos public library, Workshop gallery, etc.)
- Receive information on upcoming national and international photo competitions and juried exhibitions; receive coaching to prepare and submit your work.
- Access to other members for informal discussions and community participation (adjoining office is available for ad hoc discussions and hanging out with workshop members
- Free access to the community of experts for technical topics (e.g., camera, printing, LR processing) via the Facebook group.
- Discounted and priority access to scheduled office classes (e.g., Lightroom), and acclaimed studio classes such as Dick’s, One-Light Lighting Class.
Photo Credit: Nicholas Arent
© 2014-2019 The Richard Dischler Photo Workshops